Cultural Proof #7: Map of my new home

I've marked a few spots on the maps below! (Note this map shouldn't be used for actual navigation around Budapest, its a little bit of an approximation).



1) Bikas Park: This park is a little outside of the city center, and is full of local Hungarians enjoying the nice weather or exersizing. On Sundays there is a farmers market where I plan to go to find some "real" Paprika. 

2) West End Shopping Mall: I've walked in here a few times to pick up some necessities, like shorts and a cell phone plan. It feels like I am in the US when I'm in here though. I recognize about half of the stores. 

3) The Tram 4/6: This excellent tram is my main mode of transportation, and it runs all night! 

4) My University (BME): The university is beautifully positioned on the river. Just yesterday we attended a regatta (rowing race) that included all of the universities in Budapest. 

5) The Citadella: Its about a ten minute hike from the edge of my campus, and the views of the city are amazing! 

6) Kelet Coffee Shop: My absolute favorite place to study! 

7) Bors GaztroBar: You can get a sandwich at this star-wars themed restaurant for less than three euros!

8) Szimpla Kert: A famous Budapest "Ruin Pub" made from an abandoned apartment complex.

9) Liberty Bridge: You can sit on the middle of this bridge and take in the river at any time of day. (Sunset is the best!) 

10) Deak Ferenc Ter: It's the unofficial city center, and people can be seen picnicking in the grass near a reflecting pool.

11) Vörösmarty tér: This square is home to one of the oldest and most famous cafes in Budapest. There was also a fantastic art market here a few weekends ago!

12) Fisherman's Bastion: An old monument and part of the Buda Castle, this gives you great views of the parliament.

13) Hospital in the Rock: A museum I wrote about a few months ago.

14) National Library: A large and beautiful old library, I discovered it only two weeks ago even though its very close to my flat!

15) Kalvin Ter: This is one of the nicest and most expensive parts of the city. It is home to the most modern buildings and the national museum.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All about the food! (Cultural Proof #2)

The Hospital in the Rock (Cultural Proof #1)

First Impressions